A lecturer at the School has a special interest in the support of students with Asperger’s Syndrome (AS), which is part of the Autistic spectrum. He has a HEA resource pack to help staff in Higher Education support students with Asperger’s Syndrome.
Students with AS face particular challenges, especially when facing the prospect of going into a completely new environment, such as starting at University. With this in mind, we have piloted a number of induction videos specifically designed to help students make the transition to University.
In contrast to many modern videos, these are deliberately designed to be as clear, logical and distraction-free as possible.
- Welcome from Norman Darwen
- Introduction to Manchester
- Introduction to the Disability Support Office - DSO 1
- Introduction to the Disability Support Office - DSO 2
- Introduction to the Schuster Building (Physics & Astronomy)