Skoltech Science Drive 2014-15 – Next Generation: Call for Russian Postdocs to Work with Nobel Laureate Geim in The UK
The Skolkovo Foundation, Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) and Skolkovo Open University (OpUS) announce the next phase of Science Drive: the 2014-2015 application and selection process to recruit talented Russian postdoctoral researchers specializing in experimental condensed matter physics.
Applicants selected for the program will have the opportunity to join research projects led by world renowned scientists and researchers, including Nobel laureates. The winners for 2014 -2015 will travel to Manchester where they will work for two years under the leadership of renowned physicist and Nobel laureate Prof Sir Andre Geim and then return to Moscow to work at Skoltech.
The Skolkovo Center for Quantum Materials along with Skolkovo Open University (OpUS) will manage the application and selection process.
Key dates and timeline:
- December 15, 2014 – Candidates’ application deadline
- January – February 2015 – Presentations and interviews with the finalists by the Expert Panel.
- February 15, 2015 – Announcement of two winners.
- April – August 2015 – Paperwork and UK visas.
- September 1, 2015 – Beginning of work on research project at the University of Manchester, UK.
- September 2017 – Return to Skoltech, Moscow.
For further information and details of the application process please see the Skoltech website: