Isaac Physics is a free to use platform created to strengthen the bond between A-level physics and maths. Online, there are hundreds free problems from GCSE to university level physics. These questions are more problem-solving in nature than standard A-level questions and are designed to help students gain entry to STEM subjects at university and thrive once they are there.
The University of Manchester, together with Isaac Physics, is hosting a number of free student workshops. These workshops aim to make explicit the link between mathematics and physics as well as developing each student's confidence. These problems will also give students a taster of university-style problems. Details of these events can be found below:
Thursday 29th of June - Problem solving with vectors
Host an Isaac Physics workshop at your school for free in one of the following topics:
- Problem solving with vectors (AS/A2)
- Problem solving with exponentials (A2)
- Problem solving with calculus (A2)
- Problem solving with calculus 2 (A2)
To book, or enquire, contact Lloyd Cawthorne: firstname.lastname@example.org
Isaac Physics can also be used to set homework by teachers giving the students immediate feedback on their work and allowing the teacher to instantly see how their pupils have done. In this free introductory Teacher session, a widening participation fellow from Isaac Physics will show you how to:
- Create a group
- Set assignments (simple Physics Skills questions and a custom board of mixed questions)
- View the marks for an assignment
- Use online marking to inform your teaching and give students prompt high quality feedback
- Use 'skills mastery' and 'problem solving' questions to build students' confidence
To arrange a session in your school or college please contact Lloyd Cawthorne: email@example.com
Isaac Physics also offers free full day CPD workshops for A-level maths and physics teachers. The aims of these sessions are:
- Work through challenging physics problems in the context of Vectors and Exponentials, developing your problem solving skills and confidence.
- Introduce more advanced arithmetic that can be used to stretch, challenge and inspire enthusiastic and capable students.
- Introduce the Isaac Physics Partnership and explain how you can become a Partner Teacher.
- Plan to embed isaacphysics.org in your department’s teaching.